Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years combined full-time employment on the Hill, in the White House, in an Executive Branch agency, at the FCC or FTC, with a public interest organization or government relations firm (required). (Applicants with less experience may be considered for a Director position).
- Strong working knowledge of the legislative process (required), and experience working in or with both the House and Senate (preferred).
- Familiarity with communications and technology issues important to communities of color (preferred).
- Familiarity with the use of social media and coalitions to advance public policy goals (preferred).
- Prior experience working on cable, communications, and technology issues (preferred).
- Familiarity with the FCC, FTC, NTIA, and/or DHS (preferred).
- Other required qualifications:
- A strong sense of teamwork and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated success in developing strong collaborative relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and interested parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including an ease in communicating complex concepts in a clear effective way for a general audience.
- Recognized ability to work autonomously, yet cooperatively, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word for Windows and familiarity with Box, SalesForce, Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered.